Virtualizing SCO v5 - interesting project/nightmare, could use some help

same old story, we have an important very old app running on SCO 5, box is only on LAN and as such was never updated by anyone etc.. box is nearing its end of life in a bad way (currently experiencing some SCSI issues) and it's time to do something when good advice of "lets upgrade" for years was disregarded, lol

anyways, years ago I made the SCO 5 and our PICK application run in VMWARE player, it still had quirks but ran..

I need the same out of Hyper-V which we use for our virtual machines (you guessed it, no money for VMware, Hyper-V is free). Problem is that when I convert the WMware image to hyper-v and run it I get to boot: , it starts booting, but quickly ends up in blank/black screen with no info :shrug:

without actually booting up I'm somewhat stuck as what to do. I Know it's a vague issue, but has anyone ever done this?

I wouldn't bother trying. I have done 5 of these systems (see attachment) this year and I know that 5.0.7 and 6.0.0 both run well on this configuration. 5.0.6 should run, 5.0.5 and older probably will not. If you have 5.0.7 or newer you should also install the multiprocessor software. You do not have to license it.
The last one I did replaced a P4 1.8ghz with 1gb of ram and Mylex RAID controller with 68 pin scsi drives. The new system is at least 4 times faster, and takes up about the same amount of space as a shoe box.