Virtualization options for HP-UX 11.31

Hello,

I am looking for a virtualization option for HP-UX that will allow VMs to run completely independent of each other with full Operating System capabilities (not a guest OS with limited features/access), with their own IP addresses and dedicated resources that will not interfere with any other VMs.

We have access to an Integrity server so it looks like we can either go with vPars or Integrity VMs. Will either of these options fill my needs? I am having trouble understanding some of the terminology when reading descriptions of both of these methods.

Thanks in advance

Hello

both vPars and IVM will satisfy all requirements.
Now that vPars v.6.0 is moving out of FW world and is implemented as a SW layer the two solutions are closer.

What you ask however is satisfied by both ... These and many more [multipathing on host level,SAN attached tape device access -no one else does that -, Advanced IO etc]

Regards

Christos Magdalinos

Thank you Christos! Would you recommend one method over the other?

Hello again

depends what you plan to do ... and what is the rest of the equipment [storage etc].

If it is a test & dev environment you will enjoy the flexibility of IVM.
If it is more of a production environment you should know that most of the installed base uses vPars , however IVM now that both are software based can easily compare.
I will need more info especially about the apps you are going to use to make a more educated suggestion.

Regards

C.

It will be used for a development environment - we will be using these VMs to test our product in different stages, and we would like to give these VMs to different development teams so that we can save resources in our data center.

It looks like we should look into IVMs. :slight_smile: