Veritas WebLogic Server log files

Hi All,

I am trying to change the log file to an incremental log file so that I do not needd to restart weblogic everytime the server /tmp directory reach 100% usage. I want to make it an incremental log, just like adm messages.

At the moment, operation process is written to a log file (eg: Web-scssapp_online.out) and the size is growing. The size is not reduced when I use "rm" command even though physically, the file is not there. I guess it's because the file is still active. The size will only be reduced when I restart the weblogic.

Anyone can help me pls?

rgds,

I suggest you use logrotate(8) and get to do a copytruncate of the log file when rolling it, this overcomes the fact that WebLogic has the inode for the log file permanently open. Logrotate can be optained ready compiled and packaged from Sunfreeware - Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Sun Microsystem's Solaris. Also it would be better to put the log files into /var/log so that if the server is rebooted you do not lose the log files and filling up /tmp (and therefore swap) as you will understand has a rather detrimental affect upion Solaris!