Vendor of physical host with HP-UX OS

What makes you think the machine was not built by HP? As far as I know HP_UX only runs on HP platforms.

Thanks. Is it true for for AIX/ SunOS ALSO?

If not, is there any way to know vendor of their physical host.

True for IBM/AIX, less true for Solaris/SUN, solaris can run other platforms than SPARC, (Intel, AMD), and there were some sparc clones at a time (with sparc processors...).

Thanks.

How can I know whats the host vendor name for host with Solaris ?

To my knowledge, if you have a SUN box and you havent changed anything (like installing some linux...) you would be running SOLARIS (but for how long will this be true?) for SUN does have boxes with AMD processors also...
What I mean is the 3 main commercial unix have each their architecture and so OS specific...
you see a sparc, it will be SOLARIS
you see PA-RISC, it will be HP-UX
you see Power, it will be AIX ( which can be a Bull or IBM box...)

Now itanium is more difficult. You find HP integrity servers (so HP-UX) that can also run Windows server, but I think Bull has a box running linux that emulates GCOS (novascale)

And here you see an AIX that is not IBM (but look at the processor...)

iche:/home/vbe $ prtconf
System Model: Bull ESCALA E (e8ED)
Processor Type:  PowerPC_604
Number Of Processors:        2
Memory Size: 1024MB
Good Memory Size: 1024MB
Firmware Version: 0.1

Apart from the already mentioned OS's hp Integrity can also run OpenVMS and Linux.

when I do uname -i,

I get the out put

SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240

Here, what Sun-Fire-V240 stands for hardware implementation (plat-form) or name of host vendor?

According to the uname man page, the -i switch will show the platform, but in that case, you can additionally read the vendor, namely Sun.

#prtdiag
system Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4us Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 200 2x SPARC6
4 IV 501MHz
System clock frequency: 100 MHz
Memory size: 512 Megabytes

========================= CPUs =========================

Here, I can make out that name of vendor is "Fujitsu", but do we any more direct approach.

The short answer - no

You have to look at the manufacturer's serial number plate to see who made it.

Some customized versions of Windows (dell for example) add on stuff to make the screen display "Dell" when it boots up, etc. You would have to write a custom script for each vendor's machine to display Manufacturer information.

for windows wmi query gives name of manufacturer.

Coming back to Solaris OS:

Is there a way from BIOS someway information can be read.

Please note I have to read this info from a different machine but we have root access to machine with Solaris OS.