Variations on a theme...

Well you lot seriously amaze me.

There was a thread a few hours ago, (on the date stamp shown in this upload), that generated loads of solutions to a fairly simple problem:-

As a amateur and still basically a complete novice I really enjoyed seeing all the variations on a single theme.

I am now ejnoying shell scripting so much that I have virtually ditched Python, (until now my fav' language), and put it in pole position.
I still like Python for the AMIGA so will still be using it.
However you lot who post replies have taught me so much since I started here a few months ago and for this I say thanks.

Why do I like shell scripting? Well I guess it is the fact that it is much like BASIC in the old days and structured coding seems optional rather than mandatory.

Why do I like this site? Well you lot have not treated me with utter contempt like one other site, (name withheld but related to this Macbook Pro), that regarded me as a total halfwit because I was a newbie.

I say thanks to all who give their spare time to keep site this as professinal as possible.

<Thumbs Up.>

This site, Linux Format and AMINET are now my 3 fav' sites...
Oh, and I forgot, <Me awaits tomatoes being thrown at me.>, I am a Facebook fanatic... ;oD

CYA...