UX: cancel: WARNING: "-t" is not a request id or a printer

I have a system running OpenServer 5.0.7 and I am having problems with printing. All of sudden I am getting this error when issuing a lpstat command or any lp command.

UX: cancel: WARNING: "-t" is not a request id or a printer
                           TO FIX: Cancel requests by id or by 
                                          name of printer where printing.

When I issue the command mkdev lp, I get the following error:

Failed to establish user authorizations.

I press the <return> key and it exits.

I have searched the internet and have not found any solutions. Any help would be very much appreciated.

'mkdev lp' is a shortcut to 'scoadmin-->Printers'
scoadmin will not work without networking as it is a client/server process.
You should check to make sure that you do not have cross linked files.
Run 'authck -a' and 'integrity -e' to see if there are errors and fix if necessary.

jgt,

I tried 'authck -a' and I only get a message about missing terminals and when I run 'integrity -e', I get nothing.

Does scoadmin run?
If so, go to "Software Manager"-->Software-->Verify System
Run all the checks. If there are errors you will be prompted to fix.
If not, look for changes that would prevent hostname from returning the correct information.

I was able to replace the lp*.* programs in /usr/bin from another system running 5.0.7 and was able to get lpstat -t and mkdev lp to work. I ran lpadmin -x all, then rebuilt the print queuss and still getting the original error

I ran authck -a and integrity -e and there are no issues other than missing terminals.

Did you run the software verification?

First of all I would like to thank those who responded to my issue. It has been three days of intense stress.

I ended up having to de-install Service Pack 5 and then the Printer Sub-System. I then installed the Printer Sub-System and then Service Pack 5. Once that was done, I was able to restore printing locally. I am still having a problem with network printing, but this is due to incompatible or broken printers.

Running 'authck-a' and 'integrity -e' helped with some of the issues I was having. On another blog, I was given a shell script that help me a lot.

I am now back where I was last Tuesday. Hopefully, I will be able to get things back on track with network printing. Again thanks to all.

As a follow up to my problem. I have installed and configured 'netcat'. This is working just fine. I even have starting using it in my office.