/usr/local/bin/cvs: Not found

I can able to access /usr/local/bin/cvs in the terminal (AIX 6.1 Box). but i am getting the "/usr/local/bin/cvs: Not found " when i call it from the script. please some one assist me what maybe problem

The best assistance i can give you is: why don't you post your script instead of letting us guess what its contents might be?

This is a tit-for-tat form of forum and as long as you provide nothing to base our work on you will get equally much in helpful advice. You might want to read this thread for reference.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

What bakunin said is true, but in the interest of clairvoyant debugging, what happens if you put the following call before your first call to cvs?

ls -l /usr/local/bin/cvs

Are you developing and running on the same host?

I assume you are trying to use the Concurrent Versions System. Are you sure it has been installed? As long as you are using the full path as Skrynesaver and bakunin have demonstrated I would say it is not there!

Also both the aforementioned are correct; without a look at the script we cannot say why for sure!

Hi All,
Here is my code

#! /bin/sh 
CVSEXE=/usr/local/bin/cvs
CVSREPDIR=/var/opt/soe/local/CVSREP
/bin/su - test_user -c "umask 002; $CVSEXE -d $CVSREPDIR init"

and the error is

sh: /usr/local/bin/cvs:  not found

But if i call the cvs in the terminal, it is working good

/opt/soe/local/bin/cvs -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.17 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2004 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

What is the problem?

as Skrynesaver said already - what is the output of ls -ali /usr/local/bin ?

Most likely you are just missing the link from /usr/bin/cvs to /usr/local/bin/cvs - and you only have proven so far that cvs is installed, not that it really is linked into /usr/local/bin ...

Regards
zxmaus

/usr/local/bin/cvs
Is not the same as
/opt/soe/local/bin/cvs