Using a script to define variables and run multiple other scripts in succession.

I'm pretty new to scripting in Korn shell so please forgive me...

What I'm trying to do is to create a script that calls multiple other ksh scripts and defines variables for text files.

I need it to define my user defined variables (file paths, date & time stamps, etc that are currently in two other text files that are already called by the existing scripts) and then call one script and wait for it to finish and then run another script and so on. I thought about combining the scripts but each one is very large already, I'm using "public" scripts, and I don't always need to run every script. Idealy I'd like to modify the "master" script to input my variables for the text files and comment out the scripts I won't need this run and then run it so that it consecutively runs what scripts are left...

Example of how it currently works...

1.Modify "date_filetype_1.txt" with a date & time and filepaths.
example variables are "beg_dtg=yyyymmdd", "end_dtg=yyyymmdd", etc and this is all the text file contains...
2.Modify "date_filetype_2.txt" with identical dates & time and filepaths.
3. Run "script_1.ksh" and wait for it to finish.
4. Run "script_2.ksh" and wait for it to finish and so on for anywhere between 2 and 12 scripts.

Thanks for helping a rookie!!!

Why not export these variables instead of modifying files all the time?

$ export VAR=value
# The 'VAR' variable will now be automatically available in any script you call

$ ./script1
$ ./script2
$