user permissions

hi
i want to display the usernames,usergroups user permissions and user home directory's with in a single command.and possibities are their for getting this output ..

I would suggest you to be specific about your question. Could you tell us about the permissions you are talking about?

Except permission, other things can be listed by :

#cat /etc/passwd

Thanks,
Deepak

hi deepak

in /etc/passwd will not shown the users permissions ..it will displays the given below output...i want the output along with users permissionsssssss..

print:x:102:10::/home1/print:/bin/sh
pradm:x:103:10:Printer Administrator:/home1/pradm:/bin/pfsh
sshd:x:108:10::/home1/sshd:/bin/sh
srs:x:107:1:SRSuser:/home1/srs:/bin/sh
shut:x:109:10::/export/home/shut:/bin/sh

As Deepak has said, you'll have to be more specific about what user permissions you want to view.

suppose if i created user name shut.. with below command
useradd -m /export/home/shut -d shut
i want to see shut's user home directory ,shut permissions(read,write,execute),.....
but we can see the home directory in /etc/passwd...but we cannot see the permissions (r,w,x) to shut..means whether shut is having permisions to use any type of applicationssss?

So you want the file permissions on the user's home dir?

ls -ld `egrep '^username\:' /etc/passwd | cut -d ':' -f 6`| awk '{ print $1 }' | head -1

Solaris ACLs

If you are referring to RBAC, you can view this in /etc/user_attr

So is he asking about roles? roles and permissions are 2 different things.

Yah, it's all a bit vague isn't it? :slight_smile: I was latching onto the comment about user's rights in certain applications.