User Based LDAP Client Access

Hi everyone,

I am not that familiar with LDAP advanced contents. But since it is a popular secure tool for authentication, I preferred to user RedHat LDAP. The organization has 5 organizational units. There are 3 client servers and I want to limit each client to access different users.

So, I thought of making 3 more organization units each having the users to be accessed by only one client. Then I had to limit the organization unit access to each client in slapd.conf. But I couldn't find an example to make it.

The other thought was not to seperate the user list but restrict the access of each user by implying a client by some kind of access control model. Can I do that with using "access to" global directive in slapd.conf or I need something else?

Can u help me please? Thanks in advance. :confused:

Hi I'm new to ldap and in the middle of my 1st install. I have been reading a lot lately and it seams that netgroups is the feature you want to enable or setup. This allows you to set only certain users to be able to log into certain computers.

Below I have linked you to Google search for netgreoups
Google search

I hope helps

There needs a new file to be added as template using hosts.. The problem is solved. Anyway, there are very few good documents about LDAP dunnow why.

Feel free to post your own document. I'm planning to this myself. All the docs are ether old and out of date or not exactly what your looking for.