USB Printer

I have an HP Vectra VL Series5 running SCO Unix v3.2.5 and need to connect an HP LaserJet 1020 via USB port. Does anybody know the address of the USB ports? This computer has two.

Thanks for any assistance.

What's the numbers after the 5? You should get values ranging from 3.2v5.0.0 to 3.2v6.0.0 the SCO version is the last 3 digits.

Sco 5.07 and above are supposed to have USB support. For those versions try man usb for more info.

Versions 5.00 to 5.06 do not have USB support. Try this link: A.P. Lawrence for more information.

The OS on my computer is SCO OpenServer Release 5 - 3.2v5.0.5
Does this version support USB? If so, does anyone know what the address would be. It appears to be 'tty(*)'. On this system, tty1a is the RS-232 port which is connected to the controller of the machine operated by this computer and 'tty01' thru 'tty12' are screens F1-F12.

Thanks again for any help.

The short answer is no. Version 5.0.5 does not support USB devices. However please check the AP Lawerence link in my previous post, there may be a way around it.(I check for new stuff in there every few months, so there maybe something you can use)

tty's usually are modems, and display terminals.

A USB printer IF it will work, would be assigned to either a printer port (lp).