USB Flash Drives

Can Solaris/any GNU/Linux distros/ any flavor of FreeBSD be booted, right from aUSB flash drive?

Mine's the one pictured here.

SanDisk | Products | USB Flash Drives | SanDisk Cruzer� Titanium Plus USB Flash Drive

Also, on a completely unrelated note (just so I don't have to fill up forum space), how do I know what architecture I am on? (note: I'm currently on Windows XP)

I've gone to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System information,but the only (relevant) info it gives is that my processor is an x86 (I want to find out which x86 it is, i.e. i386) Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel [sic] ~2999Mhz.

In short, which *UNIX distros will I be able to boot/install from a USB Flash Drive, and which will run on my computer (and what is it).

Thanks in advance!

For your first question, the answer is yes, take a look here.
For the second question, here's what I found in Google : SIW and hwinfo.

Thanks dude.

I found that my architecture's x86, so I'm guessing that it'll run all the *nixes that say they run on x86.

Are there anymore *nixes availible on USB flash drives?

Also, if FreeBSD can run from a flash drive, what about PC-BSD?

Thanks again.

I didn't find statement that PCBSD can do that, at least it's not written in their docs. Personally I have had bitter experience with PCBSD, so I put this distro behind, but it may fit your config - I had issues with particular hardware chipset, which I had no chance to replace. Anyway, take a closer look at their site, you may find the answer.

Okay then.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the LiveUSB for Fedora 9? I'm thinking about getting it.