Urgent request "remove all packages with dpkg"

Hi,

this might sound somewhat weird, but I need a command to remove all packages on my machine with dpkg.

I know dpkg -l will list all packages, but the troublemaker isn't on the list, and the problems started as I updated the program :wall:.

Thanks in advance, I REALLY appreciate it :b:

do you really want to remove every installed program on your system?

Please describe your problem better, not just your first idea for how to fix it

well, to explain better:

it isn't actually a sytem, but a unix based phone: iPhone.

I installed a tweak that now caused a constant reboot loop.

The only way I now have (because I already purge removed the troubeling package) is to remove EVERY package on the phone, then reinstall them.

The phone is recognized in iTunes, but I can't do a backup due to not being able to enter my passcode (bootloop).

I only have access to the filesystem/terminal

Bottomline: a command utilising dpkg that removes every package installed is needed, if that doesn't work I'm out of options

That it's not actually a computer is good to know...

For starters, would uninstalling all packages remove your ability to use the terminal?

If the offending package is no longer installed, how will removing packages that have nothing to do with it fix it?

What if removing all packages doesn't work?

Why not take a closer look at the contents of the package in question, to see exactly what files it touched?

well, if removing the package does NOT fix the problem, I got to restore the phone.

yes, it would probaply hamper with the terminal access aswell, as itwould deinstall open ssh.

I can't take a closer look at the package anymore as I don't have the debian file (got it from a repo) and already removed the package from the phone itself like I already mentioned.

I'm fairly sure dpkg uninstall \* isn't going to solve your problem, and will only make it harder to fix since all your fixing things tools will be gone...

If you can get it from a repo, you can download it by other means. What was the repo? What was the package called?

uninstall \* isn't going to work as the command "uninstall" isn't available for me...

I would need to do it with dpkg somehow.

You missed the 'dpkg' in front of it. That said, not sure my syntax is 100% correct, I have nothing with dpkg on it to test. And anyway, don't do it.

You missed my question, too:

well, as it turns out, I was able to deinstall it after a long search after all !

Thanks for the heads up !

Still, that didn't fix the problem, but I was able to recover important data, and am now restoring my phone.