**URGENT ** : Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi,

I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement.

There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2
(Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of TGT_DIR1 & TGT_DIR2 are same but folder name is TGT_DIR1 & TGT_DIR2)

Say the files in folder SRC_DIR1 is as fololws :
aab_TRADE_20130226110444.csv
i.aab_20130226110444.csv
price.aab_20130226110444.csv
aab.i_20130226110444.csv
aab_price_aab_20130226110444.csv

Say the files in folder SRC_DIR2 is as follows :
aab_TRADE_20130226110444_PROCESSED.csv
i.aab_20130226110444_PROCESSED.csv
price.aab_20130226110444_PROCESSED.csv
aab.i_20130226110444_PROCESSED.csv
aab_price_aab_20130226110444_PROCESSED.csv

Now, each file present in folder SRC_DIR1 is compared with the folder SRC_DIR2 based on the following conditions :
CONDITION 1:
If any files in folder SRC_DIR1 whose first 20 characters is same as those in SRC_DIR2 and those 20 characters have has something like 'trade' as part of the filename then those files are to taken from SRC_DIR1 and moved to TGT_DIR1 and files in SRC_DIR2 to be moved to TGT_DIR2
OR
CONDITION 2:
If any files in folder SRC_DIR1 whose first 20 characters match with those in SRC_DIR2 and first 2 character of those 20 characters have the filename something like 'i.' as part of the filename then those files are to taken from SRC_DIR1 and moved to TGT_DIR1 and files in SRC_DIR2 to be moved to TGT_DIR2.
OR
CONDITION 3
If any files in folder SRC_DIR1 whose first 20 characters match with those in SRC_DIR2 and first 6 character of those 20 characters have the filename something like 'price.' as part of the filename then those files are to taken from SRC_DIR1 and moved to TGT_DIR1 and files in SRC_DIR2 to be moved to TGT_DIR2.

Now, there will be files in folder TGT_DIR1 and TGT_DIR2.
Files which satisfy condition 1 :
Lastly after getting the files in TGT_DIR1, the file content (present after 2nd comma and before 3rd comma has to be extracted and append a string like 'ABC,' before the extracted value. The new file name given can be said as SOURCE_FILE.csv. File present in TGT_DIR2 need not to be altered.

Files which satisfy condition 2 :
Lastly after getting the files in TGT_DIR1, the file content (present after 4th comma and before 5th comma has to be extracted and append a string like 'XYZ,' before the extracted value. All this records satisfying the condition 2 file naming convention should be appended to the above file name said as SOURCE_FILE.csv.

Files which satisfy condition 3:
Lastly after getting the files in TGT_DIR1, the file content (present after 7th comma and before 8th comma has to be extracted and append a string like 'MNO,' before the extracted value. All this records satisfying the condition 3 file naming convention should be appended to the above file name said as SOURCE_FILE.csv.

Finally the SOURCE_FILE.csv isto be created into a new path whose folder name is say TGT_DIR (for path of TGT_DIR is not as same as TGT_DIR1 & TGT_DIR2)

Can any body say how to approach this using PERL SCRIPT. Since I am from DWH background and have not worked on PERL Script any help is highly required.

Everyone at the UNIX and Linux Forums gives their best effort to reply to all questions in a timely manner. For this reason, posting questions with subjects like "Urgent!" or "Emergency" and demanding a fast reply are not permitted in the regular forums.

For members who want a higher visibility to their questions, we suggest you post in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum. This forum is given a higher priority than our regular forums.

Posting a new question in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum requires forum Bits. We monitor this forum to help people with emergencies, but we do not not guarantee response time or best answers. However, we will treat your post with a higher priority and give our best efforts to help you.

If you have posted a question in the regular forum with a subject "Urgent" "Emergency" or similar idea, we will, more-than-likely, close your thread and post this reply, redirecting you to the proper forum.

Of course, you can always post a descriptive subject text, remove words like "Urgent" etc. (from your subject and post) and post in the regular forums at any time.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums