Upgrading AIX5.3 TL06(HACMP 5.3.0.5) To TL11

Hi All

I am in the process of baselining all our IBM Pseries servers running on AIX5.3 TL06 to TL11 SP4. IBM FIXcentral shows the latest Service Pack on TL11 as SP4 so I guess there is no higher service pack available on TL11 as of today.

Now, we are running HACMP version 5.3.0.5. Can anyone please help with my question - Is HACMP 5.3.0.5 supported on TL11 SP4 ?

I could not find and dependency matrix of TL11 SP4 with HACMP 5.3.0.5 so would like to confirm before going gung ho with the upgrade :slight_smile:

Many Thanks

baner_n

Not official and so not sure if this is sufficient for you but we have did the same upgrade like you want to do and there is one box that has HACMP 5.3.0.4 and we did not update HACMP.
Our support is not IBM but it is supported from the company supporting us.

If you want to make 100% sure maybe start a request to IBM or via your supporting company.

Maybe someone comes up meanwhile with the compability table or something.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Yes I am taking this up with my company's IBM support channel.

Hi,

it should work (the hacmp support matrix does not care about TL max levels, only about min levels of your OS) BUT you know that hacmp 5.3 is no longer supported by IBM since september last year anyways ? So you might want to consider an upgrade some time soon ?
Kind regards
zxmaus

1 Like

Thanks Zxmaus, that was very handy. Yes, I will also have to update HACMP probably to version 5.5. We had a few incidents which were classic example of split brained HACMP cluster. Recently we had server crash invloving deadman switch. So high time we get baselined to the supported versions.