Update on UNIX.COM Site Upgrades (Desktop)

This post is about the "Desktop" view, not "Mobile' ...

First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the great comments, error checking and feature suggestions as we modernize the site, step-by-step.

Also, thank you for your patience with me when as we make the site better.

So far, we have done a lot and the site looks much better than a month ago. I added a Bootstrap and Font Awesome and Slider.js and more packages, and added a lot of jQuery features, etc; as you all know (those who have been following the site closely that is).

But, I still have not solved one of the original problems (the original sin) which is the fact that the CSS overflow function does not work for the bbcode pre tags, and so the scroll bar is currently for the entire post (wrong) and not for the text in the code tags.

I am pretty sure this problem happens because of how the original site uses table tags for each post; so I'm going to have to redesign all the posts to use only div tags without table tags (except for the small drop down / pop up menus).

There seems no way to get around this very boring and "not easy" part of the project, so I think I'll start on this in the next phase.

Basically, I think I'll create a new postbit template which on my user id will see, so when I fat finger some CSS or other make an error, only I will see the error, but you will only see the normal site.

Then, when we think I have it working OK, I'll make it live for testing.....

Thanks again.

I have fixed this problem... YAY!