UnsatisfiedLinkError libLicense.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.8: open faile

Hi Guys,
Please help me out. I am new to solaris. I am using solaris 10

public static void main\(String[] args\) \{
    System.out.println\("LD\_LIBRARY_PATH is : "\+System.getProperty\("java.library.path"\)\);
    System.loadLibrary\("License"\);
    \}

When i execute the java program above i get the following error.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is : /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/sparc/server:/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/sparc:/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0/jre/../lib/sparc::/export/home/emsadmin/joshua/:/usr/lib
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /export/home/emsadmin/joshua/libLicense.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.8: open failed: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
at Filecheck.main(Filecheck.java:10)

I have set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable which points correctly to the library file "libLicense.so".
It seems the library libssl.so.0.9.8 is not present.
When i checked in the directory /usr/local/ssl/lib i could see the file "libssl.so.0.9.7" but the file "libssl.so.0.9.8" is not present.

What might be the reason. Where can i get the library "libssl.so.0.9.8". Or can i make my program use the library libssl.so.0.9.7.

Can some one clearly explain me why is it my java program by default trying to use libssl.so.0.9.8 when libssl.so.0.9.7 is present.

Thanks in advance,
Joshua

Your license library:
/export/home/emsadmin/joshua/libLicense.so

is linked against that version of OpenSSL.

0.9.8 is not part of the Solaris installation, so you will have to install OpenSSL 0.9.8 for example from Freeware for Solaris

Thanks a lot buddy.
But can i recompile my native library libLicense.so so that it takes libssl.so 0.9.7 without having to install OpenSSL 0.9.8?

If it doesn't need anything that is specifically in 0.9.8 then yes you can.

just create a symlink:

cd /usr/local/ssl/lib
ln -s libssl.so.0.9.7 libssl.so.0.9.8

I beleive it should then work :wink: Just take it easy :wink:

It might work, but it's not a clean solution.

Suppose there is a need to upgrade from 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 for some other reason. There will then be a link which will prevent the later package from installing correctly.