Unix to Sql Server via JDBC

I am trying to connect SQL SERVER VIA JDCB. Following is something I tried and will appreciate any help what I am doing wrong
Here's what I did, I tried several variations, but I keep getting this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Unable to connect.  Invalid URL

I tried:

Driver d = (Driver)Class.forName("com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver").newInstance();

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://133.5.144.155/:1433/IE;selectMethod=cursor", "jdbc123", "test1456"); replacing ://133.5.144.155 with \\IP

my classpath is :
voyager->whseuser: echo $CLASSPATH

/apps/twhse/scripts/jen:/apps/twhse/scripts/jen/mssqlserver/lib/msutil.jar:/apps/twhse/scripts/jen/mssqlserver/lib/mssqlserver.jar:/apps/twhse/scripts/jen/mssqlserver/lib/msbase.jar
and it's not giving me a classpath error, so I think my classpath is right.

import java.sql.*;

//import oracle.jdbc.*;
public class HelloWorldApp {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {

System.out.println("Hello World!"); // Display the string.

Driver d = (Driver)Class.forName("com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver").newInstance();

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://133.5.144.155/:1433/IE;selectMeth

od=cursor", "jdbc123", "test456");
    }
}

I have never tried this on a sqlserver before, only in oracle.
will appreciate any response at
thanks
sam

Please read the rules before posting, in this particular case, rule 10

The exact format of the URL will depend on what you are using to connect but the format I know for talking to SQL server instances is:
jdbc:<client>:mssqlserver4:<instancename>@<ip/dns>:<port>
Munging the data in your supplied URL would produce:
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver:IE@133.5.144.155:1433

You'd probably do better looking at your client config manual for the exact config file syntax to use.