UNIX shells scripting

Can someone help by advising hw to built myself strong on logic building in UNIX shell scripting. I find it very difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello VijayKannan,

For sure it is not 1 day task, one should read books, do a lot of practice, tackle the problems in testing as well as real time environments. Do a lot of hard work and try to help people, ask questions to groups/forums(after one has given 200% effort and couldn't able to solve a problem because simply asking questions will not help OP).

One more important thing learning is an infinite loop which will never end, even after expert level knowledge if we are not in sync with technology then soon person may not be an expert in that technology after leaving it's practice after sometime. So keep hard working, practicing, reading, asking questions(after you try your best and couldn't tackle problem), keep helping/guiding people. As I always say:

Thanks,
R. Singh

1 Like

Any recomandations material for practise n learn as far as shell scripting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Vijaykannan T,

You could find many books online, personally I like O'Reilly books. Following are the few books on same. You could start with this forum too, we have a forum named

and

Where you could learn more about basics of shell scripting.Some few books are as follows, which you could start with.
Learning the bash Shell (2nd or 3rd edition) by Cameron Newham [O'Reilly]
Buy UNIX and Shell Programming Book Online at Low Prices in India | UNIX and Shell Programming Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

These are just an example you could search more books and you could learn from these forums too.
Enjoy learning.

Thanks,
R. Singh

1 Like

I have to mention excellent books by Chris Johnson, you can see great posts by the author in the Shell Scripting forum here. His site have huge number of very useful scripts:
Date functions by Chris F.A. Johnson

1 Like