variable_map=
{
a="/a"
b="/b"
c="/c" 
so on...

}

}

now i want to read any random entry from csv against variable_map in that fixed_function_name and insert d="/d"
inside {} but after c="/c" ( it can be anything as the file gets updated in future)

second logic

insert_RIK
{
values[nik,pik,iik,dik]
}

i have fixed word RIK

which i need to insert automatically by searching the frame insert_RIK

the value RIK should be inserted at the end of line values[....,dik, RIK]

please guide.

.csv file entries

variable_map, d="/d"
values, RIK

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Dear yadavricky ,

I have a few to questions pose in response first:-

• Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)

Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.

Kind regards,
Robin

You want to transform the character "a" to string "/a" and "b" to "/b", and so on.
Correct? With some additional rules maybe.

So instead of what you posted please provide sample input and your expected output.
That way we can help you.

1. no its not an assignement.
  2. working on automation, 90% work is done but 10% remaining and depends on this logic else that job need to done manually.
  3. the code which i have is of 200 lines and belong to priavate company so i can not post here.
  4. i am using unix ( ksh scripting)
  5. i am trying to derive the logic, read the respective values from csv and search and append in the file.
  6. not able to think beyond that.

Since we have some sort of communication problem here:

echo 'abcd' | sed 's#[a-z]\{1\}#/&#g'

Produces

/a/b/c/d

so therefore,

sed 's#[a-z]\{1\}#/&#g' myfile.csv > tmpfile; 
# mv tmpfile myfile.csv

Uncomment the mv line after after you try the command.

This all I can give you without example input and output

Thanks for reply, I will explain again.

I have a huge file almost 1000 lines, which is a code.

Now I want to insert a line at a specific position. For that I know the one frame name first_frame and another frame name (child_frame) inside first_frame. I get the value from csv file.

csv content: first_frame, child_frame, RIK

old code:

first_frame
{

child_frame[pik,dik,nik]

}

Now what I want a command to read the file and csv file and

produce the below result.

first_frame
{

child_frame[pik,dik,nik, RIK]

}

Second logic I am looking out for..

first_frame
{
child_frame
{
a=a,
b=b,
c=c,
so on
}
}

csv content: first_frame, child_frame, d=d
expected output.

first_frame
{
child_frame
{
a=a,
b=b,
c=c,
d=d
}
}

We are not here to act as your free programming service. But, we would like to help you learn how to write code on your own.

If you would like to show us:

1. the Korn shell code you have written to attempt to solve your customer's problem,
  2. sample input files,
  3. the exact output you hope to produce from those sample input files, and
  4. clearly explain in English what transformations you want your script to perform,

we will be happy to help you correct your code.

Remember to post all sample code, sample input files, and sample output file in CODE tags (as required by the forum rules you agreed to when you joined this forum).

If you (or your customer) are unwilling to let us to see the code you want us to fix for you, and you expect to be paid for our work (by giving our code to your customer), there is little incentive for us to make any attempt to help you.

Hi Don,
thanks for your such luring reply.
i am not saying that i can not share the code. but to do that i need to send it my personal account and them post it here. its not a customer code. its my code and i am doing the automation. but i am loyal to policies like you mentioned. i simply wanted to get early help rather than breaking my head. i will post the logic i am lookibg out for.

in my last reply anybody who has very good knowledge on shell scripting ( where as i am not a expert) can answer.

leave it. i thought forum are meant for helping people rather than to disgust them.

Thank you!!