UNIX requirement

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone of you help me on how to get files creation time on ftp server/Remote server in unix.

Regards,
Avinash.

Not in all *nix file systems the creation time is retained, they have access, modification, and change time unless additional measures are taken. So, YMMV.
man ftp :

Hi Rudic,

I tried by executing modtime(modtime xyz.csv) filename command but it was showing an exception that 'not found'.

Might help to know the operating system and file system type of the ftp server?

Hi,

We are using AIX Version 7.1

Regards,
Avinash.

Having UNIX Requirement as a thread title gives us no indication of what you are trying to do. In the future, please select a title that gives people scanning threads some idea of what topic is being discussed.

If you look at another thread that was started about a week ago (Bash directory loop and order by creation date?), you'll see that this topic has already been discussed in detail. There is a high probability that what you want is not available on AIX, and since you still haven't told us what filesystem type you're using, there is no way for us to make any attempt to determine if the files on the filesystem you're using have a file creation date timestamp.

Our crystal balls cannot clearly see through your posts to determine the information we need to be able to tell you that the information you want is definitely not available; or if it is available, tell you how to get it. If you don't answer our questions or read the manuals on your own, there is no way for us to guess at how to satisfy your requirement or even if it is possible to satisfy your requirements.

1 Like

Amen to that! ~Sigh~

If the "ftp server / remote server" thread o/p is talking about is AIX 7.1 too, then most probably it is JFS2. Everything else (especially the predecessor JFS) would be rather far-fetched.

Still, the point remains, that thread-o/p is not willing to supply needed information. I could understand that s/he is not able to provide it, but: in this case at least say so! We might be able to provide you with the means (read: commands) to find out, but only if you tell us where you are stuck!

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like