UNIX Environment on Windows Machine

Hello World,:cool:

Is there a Way to create a UNIX enviornment on Windows bases Machine for enchancing my Skills regarding UNIX scripting.:confused:

I know a software name VMware but i dont know how to confiure it:rolleyes:. If this is the apporitate tool for UNIX please guide me the configuration steps or provide a manual for its complete working procedure from scratch till end.:cool:

And if not than tell me the software name, alomg with its download link.:b:

No need to act all confused about things. I see you already found VMware. Other than that there is Cygwin, QEmu, virtualbox. Hell, you could use a free shell account or boot some Live CD if installing GNU/Linux isn't possible/allowed/worth it/safe/younameit.

I think you ask a wee bit too much ;-p Most things you should be interested in (documentation mostly, heh) you can use your favourite searchengine on.

I for one use cygwin both at home and at my office. I essentially let it install every package available (there may have been some exceptions, but this was a while ago).

I like it because it's quick and easy, and I can launch it from Poderosa which is my term emulator of choice. It's good for at home when I'm going through this board, and want to try solving some of the problems people try to post. And it's good for the office because I often enjoy the challenge of using unix to parse information, so I'll often cut and paste emails, or notes, or even log snippets from servers into it so I'll have a safe place to play.

thnkz for the reply

but i want to use the tool that has a (CLI=Command Line Interface) and not GUI, so please advice from this prespective.:slight_smile: