Unix environment issues

I'm having a problem with AIX 4.3.3 and I figured someone here might be able to help me.
I'm running a program 24/7 and I want to handle the day light savings issue without restarting the program since my users won't like it.
I don't have the option of setting the time for the DLS in advance, so I need to change the TZ (and basically tell the computer I'm somewhere else). Unfortunatly, once I change the TZ the application, which has already started needs to be restarted in order to get the new settings.
I'm using C and/or ada in this program and I figure there must be a way for me to request the environment setting again from within the aplication.
I'd appriciate any help I can get on this,
Eff

unless you intend to reverse engineer the program and write your own code then recompile the application you are going to have to follow suit w/ it and restart the program.

I figured as much and I was looking for a solution which might require some changes in the code. The only problem is that I haven't found out how to do that. I can save a TZ variable within the application. But this isn't the solution I was looking for. I thought there must be a way to use the TZ which is already defined in the UNIX OS.

TZ is a shell environment setting.

since the program starts it initiates the TZ variable.

in a shell account if you change the TZ variable it is not effective untill you start a new shell instance.

you would need to put in some kinda code that checks an external file for the TZ variable so you can change it on a whim.

Is there more to your problem than the switch to Daylight Savings Time? That much should already work with no further effort from you. It is just a matter of setting TZ to a value that implies such a switch.

How did your cron behave over the switch, Did you need to restart cron? I'm guessing that you didn't. All of your programs should work equally well.