Unix certifications

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum also to unix, but eager to learn unix.
Can any one gimme the certifications/exams available to validate our unix strengths.

It all depends on the UNIX flavour you wish to become certified in. All major UNIX vendors have their own certification programmes. Linux has a few renowned certifications such as LPI, RHCE, Linux+, etc...

Which UNIX version are you interested in studying? Solaris and/or HP-UX is always a good choice....

Cheers
ZB

Run a search in the forum for this topic. It has all be answered several hundred times in the past.

:slight_smile:

I'm interested in both the Solaris and/or HP-UX, mainly HP-UX.
Could you please tell me the levels of exams.

Thanks,
RK

Check it out from HP's web site http://h10017.www1.hp.com/certification/americas/new\_to_program.html

Thanks man.
But will there be anycertifications related to
Applications(shell) programming , socket programming/UNIX internals.

Regards,
RK

As stated before. Run a search you will find most of your certification exam questions ahev been answered before.

Right now though I find your question to be to open and also for 2 different distro's of Unix. Do you want to know about Solaris? or HP? What type of certification you asking about?

If your looking for the Solaris certification paths then go to http://training.sun.com/US/certification/ and then select what certification path you wish to have a look at.There are 5 different certification paths there.

Don't ask me about the HP certification paths, have a look on the web site.

By the sounds of what you are asking for everything you want to know can be found on the web site for that O/S.

keep one thing in mind also and I dont know your level of unix experience but UNIX isnt like windows in the sence that a company will hire a person with there MCSE and little to no experience but just cause you have a *nix cert will not get you the "position" with out the needed level of hands on experience.

none of this is ment to bash one OS or another but that is a definate fact.