Unix autostart in GUI mode

hi, i'm a newbie in UNIX. i have a disk crash and re-install the unix. But the new installation does not boot the server automatically. Then i set the auto-boot to true, and it's ok. But now the system is booting in text mode.

Before this, when i type boot, the system is booting in GUI mode. After I set to auto-boot = true, it becomes text mode. Can anyone teach me how to set so it will auto boot in GUI mode?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Lily

:eek:
the obp setting "auto-boot?" means, if true, the mashine boots automatically after power-on or reset. so that cannot be the X issue. anyhow, a solaris installation does not set the auto-boot? variable to other values (OBP isn't touched by solaris unless you change anything) ....
it could be that you lost your OBP settings for any reason, so that OBP is set back to defaults. then you possible miss your "output-device" setting in OBP to your gc..

2nd - what graphiccard are you using? perhabs the fresh installation is missing the drivers for your card

gP

hi,Pressy,

It was working perfect initally except it didnt boot automatically. So, i follow the instruction to set the auto-boot? to true at the ok prompt, then the system manage to start automatically, but not given me the GUI login screen. However if i login remotely through X-manager, it show me the GUI interface. Just on the server itself, it show the black and white text mode.