Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Um, too bad you didn't mention that before. The traditional awk doesn't have a facility for piping in data from a program called within awk. It's available in gawk. But if you're going to download and install something, and your hardware is guaranteed to be 64 bits, just download, compile and install gawk and use your original script!

Or re-write the script using sh/ksh/bash. If you have bash or ksh, let me know and I can help you write that script. If not, it can be done but will be more computationally expensive.

Sorry for that I have not mentioned before. I would like to change the existing script to achive the desire result rather the writing the new script?. Can you please help me ?.

I don't see a way how other than for you to install and compile a 64-bit version of awk.

You mean we need to go for gawk version?. Is it possible to make a new script with the same logic? .. I don't want to go gawk versin. that could be last option for me. . just help to resolve the issue any other way too...