uninstall xinetd

hey,

haha it's me agian, i think that my xinetd is messed up, i am unable to stop it. I can start it though...lol. I just wonderd how can i uninstall it so i can reinstall it...maybe this time it'll work. I'm running RH 7.1 i think.

Do a man on rpm. You should be able to force it to uninstall. From memory I think it would be 'rpm -ef xinetd-...' where ... is your xinetd version info. 'rpm -qa |grep xinetd' will show you the exact string you need. You could also try the freshen option.

Perfect thank you so much man, haha i managed to uninstall it and i got rid of a whole bunch of junk to...lol. Thanks. I"ll reinstall it and see if it works any better :-). There were some messed up dependancies that i think was part of the problem. Well we'll see!

haha, i just fixed my telnet...lol you know what was wrong! I didn't have the telnet-server rpm installed. I thought that it was all included in the telnet RPM ooops my bad...lol. thank you so much for your help everybody! I learned lots!

telnet is not secure. Lots people begin just using ssh and sftp right now.

Yeah I'm going to install ssh and vsftp prolly, they look easy enough to get going. When i can free up some more time i'll deffinatly do those.