Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi,

on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break.

What did you do, which what outcome?

I want to boot solaris from cd into single user mode using boot cdrom -s.

Look... That is not really helpfull... You should give ALL usefull information to get help. All you said is: "My car will not start."

When I ask "what did you do?" I need information like:

1. System was up and runnig
  2. I did an "init 0" to drop to ok prompt
  3. I logged in to rsc and entered "console" to get to the system console
  4. ....

EVERYTHING is usefull to get to the point of YOUR problem. The more YOU tell us, the better WE can help.

Here is something for you to read with a lot of more informations on how to ask a question:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Thanks for reading!

system is running fine, I have tried with init 0 command, but it was not successful, so i have rebooted the server,

I want to wipe the solaris box, using format->analyse->purge for root file system.

Does this mean that you logged in on the console as root, then issued a 'init 0'? So what happened exactly? What prompt did you get?

it was showing like below for long time.

# init 0

I have rebooted the server.

Your original question says you can get a rsc prompt.

How do you do that? Cold boot and login to the rsc?

As DukeNuke2 says in post#4, what happens if you issue the command:

rsc> console

at the rsc prompt? Perhaps then enter ctrl-Q (in case the console is xoff'd), and/or issue a break (that's probably a ctrl-break) at that point?
Or just hit return a few times to see if the console wakes up.

As DukeNuke2 said, the command console should connect you to the console.

Thanks, I have tried below steps, but it is hanging at rsc>console for long time and nothing is happening.

any other method?

Okay, what next then.

To recap, you login as root on the console terminal, issue a 'init 0' and there is no following output. However, the system goes down (stops responding)?

Also, after entering the 'console' command at the rsc> prompt, you also get no response at all?

It's possible that the console output has been re-directed to some other terminal and/or to a different baud rate.

Please login as root and post the output of the command:

# eeprom

Also, read this thread:

for other clues as to what to try.

If the above also draws a blank then we need much more detail about your configuration. What (console) terminal are you using? Are you actually remote from the box? What cables are you using? Can you connect directly to the box and get a sc> prompt?

Do post back your progress, or lack of.