Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi,

I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message

"Server refused to allocate pty
ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " 

Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be made so that this does not occur again.

Thanks for your help in advace..

check for / permissions, this also occurs when the root permissions are not proper, it has to be 755, if not, then make it 755.

root@test-1()# ls -ld /
drwxr-xr-x  27 root     root        1024 Jul 19 14:32 /

Hey,

Thanks for getting back.But the problem here is that i cant login into the machine.neither ssh nor telnet.only when i can login can i check something on the machine.
Any clue how else can i login into the machine...

Have you tried taking the console of the server.

Yes..i have tried through the XSCF as well but unable to get through.Its an M3000 machine.Any clue what else can be done here..

Since you are not able to connect to the server with any login account [including root],
you need to bring down the system to ok prompt by sending break signal from xscf and,
try to boot with any of the alternate option you have [clone disk, network boot] and then,
mount the current root disk so that you can check the permissions or can troubleshoot further.

boot from cdrom. check your /etc/vfstab file and revert any changes that you made within esp for /etc if you had it as a separate partition. this is basically a permission issue. some hardening done on this machine?

Thanks guys..but finally i reinstalled the OS so the problem is now taken care of....