Unable to access open solaris across the network.

Hi Everyone,

I have installed open solaris 10 on one of the x86 machines available but inspite of configuring the IP i am unable to access the machine through the network.
Can anyone please help me wih the settings required to access the machine across the network.Its really Urg..Any help is really appreciated..

• There is no OpenSolaris 10.
  • Can your machine communicate with the outside ?
  • How do you want to access your machine ?

Hi jlliagre,

def there is open solaris 10 and am confident here since i have installed it.My question to everyone is that i am abel to ping the machine but unable to access it on a network.eg. Say i am in building "A" and the machine is on building "B" then i need to access it through a network.All the IP settings have been done using sys-unconfig.

Great! Please post the link to OpenSolaris 10. I have only been able to find the link to Solaris10

Thanks.

Here goes...

Downloads at OpenSolaris.org

There is not and never will. There is "close Solaris 10" and "OpenSolaris" based distributions which will lead to "Solaris 11" or something else depending on various factors.
Please post the content of your "/etc/release" file to clarify what you are using.

If you ping the machine, you are accessing it on a network. Please clarify what protocol you are failing to use.

Please elaborate on your network settings. It is hard to tell without you providing any clue.

That is not a link to "Open Solaris 10".... Open Solaris 10 does not exist.

The current release of OpenSolaris is called:

OpenSolaris 2009.06

See attached.

Thats right Neo guess i got confused there and thought it to be Open Solaris 10.Apologies for the same.Shall forward the network details in a while..

Thanks guys was able to configure the connection using sys-unconfig.
Problem was with the port that the network cable was connected too..
help is much appreciated..

Can you show us the output of below command from your solaris machine?

#ifconfig -a

Thanks,
Deepak

Here goes..

lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
lo0:1: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1
zone frtsunserverz1
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
ce0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
inet 10.255.71.90 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.255.71.0
ce0:1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
zone frtsunserverz1
inet 10.255.71.228 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.255.71.255

Now, please tell us the IP address you are connecting from other machine in your network as well as the way you are trying to connect ( I mean: ssh,telnet etc).

Thanks,
Deepak

Isn't the problem already resolved ?

Thanks everyone i was able to get this problem resolved.Appreciate your help..