Ultra 5 serial console problem

Hi
I have a stupid problem with ultra 5 console connection.
I can't connect to serial port with my laptop.
I made these configurations from ok prompt:
OK setenv input-device ttya
OK setenv output-device ttya
OK setenv auto-boot? false
I tried to connect to machine with cisco rollover cable (one side rj45 and other db9) I connected db9 to com port of my laptop and the rj45 to connector db25 which I connected to // serial A.
I have opened hyper terminal and tried to connect with parameteres:
Bits per second 9600
data bits 8
parity none
stop bits 1
flow control none

but nothing came out of it.
because of the commands i entered in ok prompt the machine cant see monitor and keyboard and it can't boot .
Please help me to connect with my laptop to it . What settings I must enter in hyper terminal or should I connect with different cable to a different port?
Thank you in advance

have you disconnected the keyboard and monitor? and you need a "null modem" cable... Null modem - Wikipedia

the rollover cable will work just fine.

how did you set the env variables at the ok prompt? did you use the lom connection (serial a)???

you should have a null modem with straight cable connected to the serial. eeprom can be set to keyboard and screen BUT dont plug in those devices. power off the system using the button. Power on again and you should see the POST messages via your serial

Thaks for replay. everything was correct only the cisco cable is not working on old SUN machines like ultra5, sunblade150, 3500 etc...
But for new ones like netras, sunfires, sun enterprises etc...
I found the cable db9 to db25 which works fine but I don't know the pin out of it.
Thank you once more

IIRC correctly Ultra-5's do not support using the serial port as a console, perhaps an Ultra-5 owner may be able to confirm?

I have just found this:

at http://www.softpanorama.org/Solaris/Startup_and_shutdown/serial_console_on_solaris.shtml

Serial cable from Ultra5 to PC only requires the following connections for a simple null-modem cable:

25 way      9 way
D-Type  to  D-Type
2       to      3
3       to      2
7       to      5

See RS-232 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To test your serial cable connection, assuming you do have a monitor and keyboard for the Ultra-5, set the input-device back to keyboard and output-device back to screen, reboot, then edit the /etc/remote file and copy the hardwire line and the one following it, change hardwire (e.g.) to hardware and /dev/term/b to /dev/term/a so you end up with:

hardwire:\
        :dv=/dev/term/b:br#9600:el=^C^S^Q^U^D:ie=%$:oe=^D:
hardware:\
        :dv=/dev/term/a:br#9600:el=^C^S^Q^U^D:ie=%$:oe=^D:

Then on the Ultra-5 in a terminal window run "tip hardware" and run hyperterm or whatever on the laptop then what you type on the laptop should get displayed on the Ultra-5 and vice versa.