Udaipur

I noticed that Travel and Leisure listed Udaipur as the number one best city in the world, 2009.

Has anyone been there?

Never been there but very subjective .... depends what you looking for in a vacation.

oops, i'm surprised about this. wonder what were the criteria for deciding the scores.

I'm amazed that the wiki article on it says it is "very cold" in the winter with minimum temperatures reaching 2.5 C. Where I live (Minnesota, USA) we can go 6 weeks without the daytime high temperature ever getting that warm! 2.5 C in January and I'll be outside in shorts and a T-shirt. :slight_smile:

LOL for me the part with maximum temperature in winter rising to 28.8�C is more impressive ... I live in Belfast - we are already very happy when we cross 20ies in summer for a few hours ... normally we have 14 degrees and rain - all year :slight_smile:

Poor you. Glasgow can get up to 15 (with rain, of course)!

It's about 32 in Z�rich at the moment (well, probably dropped to a more acceptable 28 at this time in the day). But having just had the longest, coldest winter I can remember in 8 years here, I don't really want to complain.

I have to say, I've never heard of Udaipur, and yes, I wonder what they base that on. There must be something in it.

Edit: I wish I looked at the other cities before I butted in! Cape Town? Bangkok? !!! Having said that, Chiang Mai is one of my favourite places. Been there many times.