Ubuntu 9.04 issue

i have been tyring to install the Ubuntu OS 9.04 ,some how i failed to install it.

i actually downloaded the OS from Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu

i got the image file i tried to burn it by using nero, it susscessfully burned the image but when i insert the cd into drive and restart my system its not booting from the cd.

please let me knwo how to install it.

this is needed for my practice of gstreamer.

can i install gstreamer on RED hat or any other system , if so please let me know how to do that.

at startup (you have a couple of seconds to hit a specific key ([Esc] [Del] or ...)) to tell the BIOS to boot from the CD.

i have already got the image on the CD/ and in BIOS its the CD Drive that boots first when restarting.

but i am unbale to install it.

i think i am going wrong in burning procedure.

i used nero burner to burn the image and the image is of 698 Mb.

i tried maximum ways to get the bootable CD but i am failed.

i am posting here because i will get some good replies and guidelines.

please reply, i have very less time for prepation and practice.

thanks in advance.

Have you read this already !

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

Burning the plain iso file on the disc won't cut it. You have to use a program that extracts the contents of the iso file and writes that to the disc. Try here: K3B alternatives for Windows - AlternativeTo.net
If you did use the Nero program that they list there, then try downloading one of the other ones. (I assume some of those programs are free, I'm not really familiar with Windows applications because I was raised on Unix-like operating systems.)

Thanks a lot All,
mean while i got the ubuntu free CD, any ways i got a lot of info.