Ttyhog Over-run

when i run the errrpt today n got this message
TTYHOG OVER-RUN
what is this error n how can i solve it... plz guide me..:frowning:
thanks

with out know in you system it is dificalt to say what caused the problem with out know in you system it is difficult to say what caused the problem but I know that by using the last command on pts/xxx ( from errpt )
you can find out who did what. This could be related to a device, cabling or user error.

If this come up again you can see if you can look at it in more detail also try using errpt -a to see if you can work out what the error is complaining about

thanks for reply
this is the error

LABEL:          TTY_TTYHOG

Class:           S
Type:            TEMP
Resource Name:   pts/9           

Description
TTYHOG OVER-RUN

Failure Causes
EXCESSIVE LOAD ON PROCESSOR

Recommended Actions
        REDUCE SYSTEM LOAD.
        REDUCE SERIAL PORT BAUD RATE

the operating system is aix5L, hardware ibm p series, sometimes, the pts/10, pts/3, pts/5, pts/7

The error TTY_TTYHOG indicates that the sending device is ignoring flow control. This error occurs after the hardware FIFO has been accessed and
has written to the software buffer the tty hog error is logged because the buffer where incoming characters are placed is overflowing. When the buffer is about
3/4's full, the device driver notifies the hardware , to send the XOFF char to the sender to stop send data (or drop the hardware control line)

If the sender continues to send data, and the buffer is not emptied, the device driver flushes the buffer and logs the error message in the
error log.

For example, say in a telnet session we enter more than 512 characters and hit enter. We could fill up our recv buffer on the adapter and the
device driver will send su the XOFF command. However, if we ignore this and continue to send the block data, we will log this error in errpt.

You cold try to update bos.rte.tty to a later version and also may want to run the command to set the baut rate to 9600 on the serial port
chdev -l tty1 -a speed=9600 -a flow_disp=rts -P