Tracking user

dear all,

I'm facing problem that is i have noticed from few days back that some body is deleting and making changes in the file from developement server where i'm working(in unix)
so i want to track that who is using the server, what performancr they are doing and each every thing which r being done by other people...

is there any way to track like that and stop doing this wrong things?

thnks,
Pankaj

Dear all,
From few days back i'm observing that some one is deleting important scripts from the developement server.but still i'm unable to track that culprit.is there any way to track that who is using the server and what performance is that person doing(like cp file,rm file,modifying file etc...)?

Thanks
Regards,
Pankaj

Please do not create multiple threads for the same topic. I have merged the threads.

Regarding your problem, you can have a wrapper script that records the date/time and the command that is run before proceeding to run the command (sort of like inetd wrappers) or you can use software like CA's eTrust/SeOS which can be used to track everything that happens on your computer right down to the system call level.

Dear all,
From few days back i'm observing that some one is deleting important scripts from the developement server.but still i'm unable to track that culprit.is there any way to track that who is using the server and what performance is that person doing(like cp file,rm file,modifying file etc...)?

Thanks
Regards,
Pankaj

Dear blowtorch,

i'm extremly sorry for sending more than one thread on the same tpoic.
But as you suggested,can you give me some more details about the same or some sample coding?

Thankx,
Regards,
Pankaj

Google for some of blowtorch's suggestions, there are lot of materials, thus I will avoid posting links, there's a lot of choice.
Another thing that comes to mind, is to restrict the sensitive files for root users only, and look and "man script" for tracking commands.