Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts ,

Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system ..

to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system ..

NMON tool. This is not installed with AIX by default so do a search for NMON to get the details of how to install and use. Try 'topas' as well.

I have nmon and its very good software .

I mean another software to show me the graphic utilization in monitor screen .

To be clear for every one !

Pls advice ...

Actually juredd1 NMON is now included in AIX with the latest releases of 5.3 and 6.1

Mr.AIX not sure what you mean by graphical if running nmon interactively in your terminal window isn't what you want.

I want to change nmon , do you know any replacement application will help me to monitor the system and performance utilization ?

Why do you want to change away from NMON, its the best tool there is for this kind of thing?

ross.mather,

Thanks for the new flash on the nmon included the 6.1, that's nice to know. I am obviously not up on my AIX news.

Dear ross.mather

if you are recommanding nmon , I 'd like to let nmon to display the CPU and performance utilization in graphical display by X window , let me know your idea about nmon ?

nmon has integrated support for rrdtool (which itself can generate graphical views of data (in PNG format)), and there's a tool nmon2rrd. The information you are looking for is easily searchable on the IBM developerWorks website.

The only xwindows tool I know of is one called LPArMon and gives you a summary of how an LPAR is running CPU and memory. Its available here:

alphaWorks : Graphical LPAR Monitor for System p5 Servers : Overview

However NMON gives you a more in depth view of what is happening in an LPAR.

To monitor one ore more AIX servers in a GUI with the possibility to see both current and long run performance data you might try Ganglia. Use the package from Michael Perzl's website as he wrote some extension to include Power processor specifics in the output.

I'd like to get similar of this tool , I want more output

IBM developerWorks: Wikis - Power Systems - gmon - A Graphical LPar Monitor

is there any one has good tool like the above ?

If you want a tool that recommends vmtune, vmo and ioo settings after analyzing sar and nmon reports I'd suggest Sarcheck.