To get access to installed SE 11

Hello.I am new member on this forum and I glad to salute you, members.

I am beginner in Solaris OS.

I am installed Solaris 11 on my computer from Live CD. When I try to enter in Solaris OS (which I installed) the system offers to enter login and password.

I enter login and password of user which I created when I am installing OS. But system not give access.

Also I enter login "root" and password same as user account which I created(so
written in documentation). But system not give access.

Also I enter login and password : root/root , root/solaris ...

Can anyone help me in this situation?
Previously thank you.

Your comment about the Live cd worries me a bit, normally that phrase means it's not an install but just a copy of the OS on DVD that you can boot on any computer, then when finished just eject and reboot to go back to the previous OS again (ie it doesn't install and seldom touches the hard drive even)

But if you really have installed it, try the following:
Change CAPSLOCK (if it was on, turn it off, if it was off, turn it on) and type the password again.
Try root/<nothing> (ie just hit enter on the password prompt)
Try your username/<nothing>

If all that fails, you *can* reset the password by booting off the cd, mounting the root filesystem and editing the password file (or chrooting a passwd call) but I suspect that might be a bit complex to talk you through here. If you are still stuck at this point, I'd just go for a reinstall :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beyond the "caps lock" issue already mentioned and if you have a non US keyboard, your login issue might be due to a keyboard layout discrepancy. It is possible that your keyboard defaults to US at boot so you need to enter your password as it would have been typed on a US keyboard, not on your local one. To check that, try entering your password in the username field and see if it is correctly displayed.

This is expected, login as root is disabled by default on Solaris 11 Express, root being a role, not a user account.

1 Like

Thank you guys.

The problem had been solved.

System is not giving access because I am entering login of user ,which I created, in low register (hovewer, when I am entering login of user during install, the first letter was in large register).