Thread 2nd page not visible

Hi,

I am not able to see second page of my last post, giving me message database corrupted. Please check.

Note: Moved from Shell Programming and Scripting sub-forum.

Confirmed.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please let us know. Thanks.

hello scott.

I am getting below error.

http://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=240341&page=2

Database error
The The UNIX and Linux Forums database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.unix.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.unix.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

1 Like

Same with me.

1 Like

The problem has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any further problems. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks Scott. What was the issue.

The issue was related to one of a number of changes being made to help compensate for the removal of the no-longer-supported vbSEO tool we had been using.

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention so quickly.

I apologize for the error; and thank everyone for their patience as we recode to optimize our pages for search engines, based on best-practices, without using our legacy SEO product.

In a way this transition has been both a blessing and a nightmare at the same time. vBSEO going out-of-business was not good at all; but on the other hand, the legacy SEO package was unsupported and suboptimal.

We have seen our traffic drop due to problems with vBSEO, so it's good to have removed it; but recoding (all custom code) has been a lot of work; and today I fat fingered a database query and that typo caused the errors.

Again, my apologies for the error and my heartfelt thanks to all for letting us know as soon as an error is found, so we can fix it as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your kindness and support.