Third party cron service

Hi,

Is there any third party scheduling service like cron or at service which used for scheduling tasks in a specific time. In the same time, is these third party scheduling service (if available) effect the default or the normal crontab service while both are running in the same time (e.g. can't run Sendmail and Postfix to gather).

Thanks

Yes. They are called batch schedulers. AppWorx from UC4 is one of many. This is expensive.

Open source: see:

Batch Runner
JobScheduler | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

Hope you don't mind me asking.
Why would you need a different task scheduler other than cron?
I don't want to start a flame war here, just curious about why you would need it in the first place.

No thing important actually, simply I hate using the default stuff!! But I still have a question, if I run it, would it effect the normal crontab activity in bad way? like conflict in services (like the one between Postfix and Sendmail if you run them in same time).

I believe so, but I'm afraid I can't tell for sure since I can't try as I don't have any 3rd party tools installed. Give it a try in a test box and if you don't mind, get back to us to share the results.

You certainly wouldn't want to have cron and a third-party cron installed at the same time.

What's your distribution? It may have different cron implementations available already. I was given a choice between vixie-cron and metachron...

I'm working on RHEL6 and CentOS 6.4, I want to make both of service work in the same time (The default crond and the third party service), I wan't give some privacy to my scheduled jobs.

What sort of privacy would you want for your scheduled jobs that you don't have already?