The Wildest of Goose chases!!

What I thought would be a simple task, 1 x laptop that I can put HP UX 10 or 11 on say somethink like Parisc laptop. why go to the hassle well a multi millon pound oracle 8i database and bespoke application. Is the main driver. I also I need it out of the office. On the road as such. The best anology I can give is F1 race team needs complete application and database trackside and does not want to rely on comms. But they are fragged off with a carring arround 19" rack mounted servers. UPS etc

Any suggestions as I have drawn a blank.

current config
HP UX 11
A500 900 Series server quite a few
Oracle 8i database

Mark

There used to be a pa-risc laptop called precisionbook, but I don't think they make it anymore. HP is moving away from pa-risc. I doubt that we will see another pa-risc laptop. HP-UX is the wrong OS if you want to put your system in a laptop. Switch to Linux or Solaris.

I cannot really change OS without a major rewrite or costs to put it through a sausage factory to convert.
Unless there are any volunteers out there! Only joking quit a big task

Hi icecurtain,

I'm not aware of any pa-risc laptop's for sale from anyone currently.

Are there any emulators available for pa-risc? Something like qemu?

Alternatively, what about just having a random laptop, and ssh into a pa-risc box when on your travels? This stuff's fairly trivial to implement these days, especially in a multi mullion dollar env.

Hope this helps,
-c

An HP A180C is not a big machine, add a normal commodity laptop for terminal/X terminal and you are in business.

It's PA-RISC 1.1, not 2.0, but if you don't need 64 bit then that should not be a problem.