The Asia Business Forum: Information Security Risk Assessment and Management (Day Two

Tim Bass
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:33:11 +0000
Unfortunately, I missed two sessions yesterday (see note); Mr. Kompol Sontanarat, Director, Information Technology Department, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) presented Managing Risk By Outsourcing Information Security To Managed Services Provider and Mr. Ruangkrai Rangsiphol, Head of Information and Network Security, True Corporation Public Company Limited,*shareda Case Study: Overcoming Obstacles To Information Security Risk Assessment: A Critical Key For Security and Compliance.
Today Mr. Somchai Wiwatwattana, Accounting Department Director, Metropolitan Electric Authority opened the day
for Mr. Manit Panichakul, Head of IT Audit Division, United Overseas Bank (Thai) PublicCompany Limited, who presented A Guide to Evaluate Disaster Planning and Emergency Management (DRP) Implementation in Your Organization.
Next, my dear friend Dr. Viriya Upatising, Chief Technology Officer, TrueInternet Company Limited presented a Case Study: IT Security Management Technology and Risk Protection.* Next, Dr. Woraphon Watunyuta, Senior VP, IT Security, Siam Commercial Bank Public Limited, shared his Case Study: Key Strategies for Planning Information Security Policies to Maximize Company�s Investment.
After a great Thailunch at the Royal Orchid Sheraton on the Chao Phraya River, Mr. Panom Navanukroh, Senior Information Security Consultant, IBM Thailand Company Limited, talked Successfully Implementing IT Security Strategy in Your Organization; followed by Dr. Sak Segkhoonthod, Director, Government Information Technology Services (GITS), Ministry of Science and Education, who shared his Proven Tactics to Effectively Execute IT Risk Management By Constructinga Structured and Disciplined Approach.
The closing presentation was by Mr. Chaiyakorn Apiwathanokul, Chief Security Officer,* PTT ICT Solutions Company Limited, who presented a Case Study:* Incorporating Strategies and Countermeasures for Phishing Scams.
Note:* Yesterday was amazing.* If you know the traffic in Bangkok,you will agreethat itwas amazing that I was able to make it to (1) the Asia Business Forum, then (2) to a meeting with a bank across town,*and*afterwords(3) move to a new serviced apartment, all in one day!

Source...