Thank you members and admins

Got a raise and a formal position of 'unix system engineer' in 2016.
I would like to thank you members and admins.
This would not be possible without you.

I will mention some..

Thank you Don, for making me learn and understand the importance of standards, which i try to apply as much as i can in my code and advise others to do the same.

Thanks Scrutinizer, RudiC, vgersh, Corona for good awk/shell/C programs from which i have learned so much. I enjoy reading your responses and learn something each time.

Thanks Jillagre, Duke, vbe, achenle,Madeingermany for being explanatory and giving good advices on Solaris and HPUX subforums. No documentation can replace real life experience which you have and share.

At the end i would like to thank everyone i perhaps missed or haven't explicitly mentioned.

Feel free to contact me if you are ever in Croatia, for a good BBQ and beers on my account :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work.
Regards
Peasant.

9 Likes

Congratulations on your promotion. :cool:

1 Like

Hi Peasant...

It goes without saying that if it wasn't for the big guns on here I would not be where I am now with shell scripting.

I too thank them for investing their time, as time on planet Earth is a very limited commodity to we humans and once lost it can never be retrieved.

Like you I truly believe in giving away knowledge where I can and hope I have been of use to this community in the 3(ish) years I have been a member.

4 Likes

Congratulation from my part as well! It's good to see that our exercises and efforts fall on fertile soil.

1 Like