Terminal.app keeps creating copies of my settings files

Under Leopard, I like to conveniently open Terminal windows onto remote systems. I've created several settings files in Terminal, one for each remote system that I want to access. To open window, I right-click on the Terminal icon in the Dock, expand the "New Window" menu item, and select the remote system I want to connect to. This has worked very well for me for years.

Today I tried to improve the process. I created a shell script for each remote system. Each script contains a single line like

open /Library/Application Support/Terminal/system-abc.terminal

I created the system-abc.terminal files by doing Terminal->Shell->Export Settings... When I execute the shell script, a new Terminal window pops up as expected. This is great - now I can execute the shell script from Quicksilver, so I have a way to open Terminals with a few keystrokes.

This works quite well, but it has an unfortunate side effect. Whenever I execute the shell script, a new menu item gets added to Terminal's list of remote systems. In other words, after executing the above script once and then right-click on the Terminal icon in the dock, and expand "New Window", I find a brand-new thing in the list. The new thing is called "system-abc 1". If I run the script again, I find another new thing named "system-abc 2". Etc.

So it works, but it clutters up the list of remote systems. Is this a bug in Terminal?