Telnet/ssh connection takes a lot of time.

We have three Oracle instances running on our Sun-Blade-T6300.
Telnet or SSH connection to one of the instance (or to user oramach) takes a lot of time whether using putty or SecureCRT but connection to any other user is very fast. Any idea what may be causing this slow connection to this particular user?

=========
SunOS s56kb1 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6300

Thanks!

Try "su - oramach" as root and see if it takes a long time as well?

Might be something in the .profile for your oracle user or so...

su - oramach ... goes pretty fast, so .profile should not be an issue. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

I'm not sure...

Is it only slow when connecting and after that it's fast? Or are all the commands slow for that user, even after you're connected?

I'm pretty sure Solaris will try to resolve the IP address of the incoming connection before proceeding. If it can't resolve it then it will wait for however long it takes for the nslookup to time out. This could explain the delay in the connection. Check your resolv.conf and other dns related things. Or if you're always connecting from the same ip address, you could put that address in your hosts file.
Or then again , I could be completely wrong...

Usually when ssh/telnet does not respond in a timely fashion, then it is usually pointing to the network configuration.

Check:

1. netmask
  2. network speed and plex settings on both NIC and Switch side
  3. switch side lost or request for duplicate packets
  4. Return route between the client and server, if there are 2 routes which are taken then it is routing issue on your server or router end.

-GGR