tcsh read command ......?

i have just started to use the tcsh shell as a sort of personal challenge since I see so many users using other shells than just bash...
I have written a spcript that is quite lengthy but it is in bash shell and gives an error message in tcsh shell so I cut the script in half and basically revamped it so that it would work with the tcsh shell. here's the code:
#!/bin/bash
#tclear
while :; do
function fun { clear; pwd; date; tty; }
echo "enter term"
read term
if [ "$term" == "c" ]
then
fun
elif [ "$term" == "z" ]
then
fun
echo "konsole"
find -noleaf -type f -newer './date.file' -fls .specs1 -print | xargs ls -ali --color | sed 's/\.\/.\///' | more
elif [ "$term" == "s" ]
then
echo "Terminal"
ls -ali $
--color | more
else
fun
echo "Terminal"
ls -ali --color
fi
if [ "$term" == "e" ]
then
fun
echo "Terminal"
ls -ali --color
exit
fi
done
exit 0
this worked fine after some fiddeling.. but it is not tcsh compliant and has a basic error to it. to apply tcsh compliance to the shell script I must change the read command to a tcsh read command .. i tried several commands
>| term
<< term
$
term
$_=term
to no avail and have not been able to decipher the tcsh man pages yet... there are probably 100 different errors in the script as it is, if I am to get it posix compliant which I would like to do a step at a time to gain the experience that I need to shell script properly..
my one question is what is the read command symbol or syntax in tcsh...
any help would greatly be appreciated..
thanx moxxx68

Most of us don't write scripts in csh (or its desendants). To understand why, read:
Csh Programming Considered Harmful

From that document

thanx for your reply and for the pointer.....
moxxx68

absolutely correct

tcsh's read command is $<, you could use it like this:
set inputline = $<