Task 1 bible

Hi i have recently started learning Bash scripting to learn a new skill.

My boss has assigned me a task but i am struggling to complete it would really be thankful for some help ill put what i have so far:

Test1-bible is the directory and each chapter of the bible is a sub-directory hence i have used -r alot to go through all the sub directories. each sub- directory is a html file. the command in the brackets is what i have done so far.

the task is a follows:

write a script to.

Pull out all the lines where the word Jesus appears. ( grep -iw -r -n "jesus" test1bible)

how many time does jesus appear ( grep -r -i "jesus" test1-bible/ | wc -w)

only give me two words either side of the word "lord"

where do the words "which was profaned among the heathen" appear what file and chapter. ( grep -i -r "which was profaned among the heathen")

what is the most repeated word in the bible?

what are the top 10 words used - put them in alphabetical order- give me how many.

now eliminate common words like a, at, the etc.

Thank you

i dont not expect anyone to do it for me but at least point me in the right direction

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.