tail command not show on screen

Hi,

I'm moniroting duplicate text with unix command (tail -f trace75747 | grep 'duplicate'), but it showed many lines then it stop show trace information although trace information in this file trace75747 always got.

What should I do?

I look forward to hearing from you.

THANKS!

The -f will try to keep the file open. If this is the case, then next commands might never be executed.
For instance...

> tail -f file125 | grep "1.000" ; echo "done"

I will never see the "done", since tail is always running

Hi joeyg, I will try to test with your command and reply result 2 or 3 days because this is a problem that occur in my daily work.

Thanks,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem. It sounds like you are saying that it works, then stops working.

If this trace/log file is rolled over/zero'd or whatever then tail will stop working. Basically, every time the log starts fresh you will need to start your tail -f command again.

Now, it still the same because of log file show duplicate text but it did not trace information. I applied already (tail -f tra.872558 | grep "duplicate" ; echo "done") according to your help.It will show immediately if run this command again.
I look foward to hearing from you.
Thanks,

Now, it still the same because of log file show duplicate text but it did not trace information. I applied already (tail -f tra.872558 | grep "duplicate" ; echo "done") according to your help.It will show immediately if run this command again.
I look foward to hearing from you.
Thanks,

HI, you can use following command in getting the duplicate text in file ::

uniq -d <<filename>>

But we need monitor duplicate text in the trace,so we need to run command that show automatically if duplicate text was shown in trace file.

Thanks,

But we want to monitor duplicate text in trace file, so we need to show automatically if trace file got duplicate text.

Thanks,

Can you help me now? I want to show text in trace file that include "duplicate" string and show automatically if it generated in trace file.

Do you have any more idea about my question?

Thanks,