T5240 and Internal SAS RAID Configuration help

Dear Friends,
I need to configure T5240 with Internal SAS RAID HBA(SG-XPCIESAS-R-INT-Z).. T5240 uses 8 hard disks... From the documents of RAID card I have found that I need to create a jump start server to include three packages SUNWaac, StorMan, SUNWgccruntime if Im using solaris10 5/08...

But Im going to use solaris10 10/08 that included these packages SUNWaac, SUNWgccruntime... But there is no 'StorMan' package....so can I create bootable array with solaris cd itself? I need to avoid network installation... If anyone know please help....

What type of Raid are you planning on using? What file system?

I am planning RAID 1 for OS and RAID 5 for remaining 5 hard disks....

standard accessory for the raid controller is a boot cd with all needed tools to configure the raid. i've used this some weeks ago while having the same problem.

Thanks DukeNuke.. I will use that bootable cd... If I face any difficulty I will inform... I have found that bootable Live CD in given link.... It's latest I think
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2875&OSFullName=Solaris*=eng&strOSs=33&submit=Go!

Thanks DukeNuke2... I will use that bootable cd and inform if I face any difficulty.. I have found that bootable live cd from the given link... It's latest I think....

Download Search Results