T2000 Hardware RAID

Hi,

I have a root with hardware RAID on c0t0d0 and c0t2d0. I would like to set the boot device sequence in OBP for both hdds.

I have checked in ls -l /dev/rdsk/ for the path of c0t2d0 but it does not exist. Can anyone shed some lights on this?

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
0. c0t0d0 <LSILOGIC-LogicalVolume-3000 cyl 65533 alt 2 hd 16 sec 273>
/pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0/sd@0,0

it is a hardware raid... the os can only see one disk. so everything is ok.

if you did raidctl -c c0t0d0 c0t2d0
The result will be that the OS will only see c0t0d0 from format.

I am planning to patch my system and unplug disk0 as fallback plan. My concern is whether it will crash my system by the time i boot from disk2? I only have /pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0/sd@0,0 (disk0 path) in my OBP boot-device. Would it be suffice as there isn't any disk2 path available.

Its hot-swappable. You can just pull out the disk while the system is running or you can bring the system down to the OK> prompt then pull out the disk you want to.

Thanks incredible, the disk swapping is working fine.

By the way, will OBP's delete-volume work in detaching the hardware mirror while preserving the data?

yes, it will.. but your purpose of h/w raid is to minimize downtime or i would say, 0% downtime right? so no reason to go to OBP level at the 1st place

we usaly break the mirrors then patch , then re-mirror.

raidctl -d c0t0d0

do patching
reboot

raidctl -c c0t0d0 c0t1d0

if things go bad, phisicaly swap the disks and re-boot.

Don't you need to boot from CD in order to enable the mirroring again? If you do not boot from CD and do "raidctl -c c0t0d0 c0t1d0" you will get an error that says "Array or disk in use"!

Nope you're wrong.

Can you explain why I am getting "Array or disk in use"? I am using couple of Netra T2000 as well and getting this error if I try to remirror again!

you must delete the raid first and then recreate it

The raid was deleted first as you an see below:

# raidctl
Controller: 0
Disk: 0.1.0
Disk: 0.3.0
# raidctl -c c0t1d0 c0t3d0
Creating RAID volume will destroy all data on spare space of member disks, proceed (yes/no)? yes
Array or disk in use.

Am I missing something?