SVN installation in UNIX

Hi all,

I need ur help in installing SVN for unix. I am desperately need some helps on how to install SVN in unix.   I have downloaded subversion-1.7.4.tar.gz . I have unzipped it and when i tried to ./configure it. I am unable to do so getting the error like "-bash: /.configure: No such file or directory" . So guide me in installing IT. Its very urgent. Thanks in advance for ur reply.

Cheers,
Deepak

Which particular Unix are you on?

And what variant of Subversion? There seem to be quite a few.

Comparison of Subversion clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's quite a lot of historic posts on unix.com on this subject.

I noticed bash mentions: /.configure . Could it be that you had . and / reversed ( should be ./configure )

I have found ubuntu to be very good with installations when using synaptic, apt-get, and Ubuntu Software Center.

@all

sorry for the delayed reply..caught up with some other work.

i am using it in red hat linux . Need to install it to start working..But this is the first time i am installing anything in unix. So need ur guidance all..

---------- Post updated at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:20 AM ----------

sorry that was a typo. I tried the configure step correctly. but getting the same message. i dont know whether i have got the right source. So if anyone had done it already please provide me the link for downloading svn. I have used SVN in windows . But this is very new to me